Signs Your Child has a Vision Problem
By aitkineyeca32139567, Oct 16 2019 02:23PM
Signs Your Child Has a Vision Problem
There are many things you can look for if you’re concerned your child may be suffering from a vision problem. Vision problems can be misdiagnosed as both behavioral and learning disorders, which is why getting your children’s vision checked regularly is essential to their success both in and out of the classroom.
Here are some of the common symptoms your children may display if they have an undetected vision problem:
• Squinting, covering one eye, or closing one eye while reading
• Losing place of what line/page they were reading
• Skipping over words and lines while reading
• Angling or turning their heads to see more clearly
• Getting headaches while reading
• Looking at things up close while reading
• Getting distracted or frustrated while reading
• Avoiding reading or other schoolwork
This list is by no means comprehensive, but it’s a good start. If your child is experiencing any of these symptoms, schedule an exam and we can either rule out a vision problem, or determine the issue and work to treat it properly.